The YUNUS NEAR FUTURE LAB GLobal Network
A global multi-disciplinary research network
May 4th, 2020 – Yunus Social Business Co-Initiates New Alliance With World Economic Forum to Help Social Entrepreneurs Overcome Impacts of COVID-19
- 40 leading organizations form alliance to amplify support for Social Entrepreneurs during COVID-19 pandemic
- USD$75 million already mobilized by Alliance members to mitigate impacts of pandemic
- Alliance will feature a searchable database of available emergency relief funds
- Members to catalyse global conversation about building a more equitable, sustainable future
- More information about the COVID Response Alliance for Social Entrepreneurs here
This initiative will also feature Covidcap.com, a new resource developed by the Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship (CASE) at Duke University.
This dashboard, a searchable database of emergency funds available to non-profit and for-profit entrepreneurs during COVID-19, contains global capital relief offers worth over $1 trillion.
“The economic fallout from COVID-19 could push half a billion more people into poverty. Social entrepreneurs are the de facto social net in many emerging economies. We need to intervene to help them before it’s too late,” said Saskia Bruysten, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Yunus Social Business.
The growing list of foundations, sector organizations, multilateral organizations, private companies and non-governmental organizations joining the Alliance include: